Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Phoenix_Rising
Senior Contributor

The really important things that new moderators need to know

Hi all,

I super really don't do change well. I may possibly have called the SANE helpcentre this morning and one of the new moderators may possibly have answered the phone and after quite a lengthy stunned silence, the first words that fell out of my mouth may possibly have been "I don't know you." Smiley Very Happy

Anyway, after we got passed that bit (which took a little while), during the course of the conversation I mentioned some things about Forum Land, which it turns out had somehow been left out of the Welcome to Forum Land induction manual. So, being the ever helpful little turtle that I am, I thought I'd start a thread so that we can all tell the new moderators the really important things they need to know in order to feel at home in Forum Land. I'll start...

The first thing you need to know is that our fearless Commander in Chief of Forum Land, @NikNik, lives in a giant flying nutella jar and it is from this vantage point that she zooms all around Forum Land making sure that everything is super safe and running smoothly. She will probably give you a ride in it if you ask her nicely. Hey @Lauz has NikNik taken you for a ride in her nutella jar yet?

The second thing you need to know is that we are super lucky to have @Lunar as a moderator in Forum Land because she is amazingly wise. A few months ago she enlightened us all about the fact that the reason the moon doesn't wear underpants is that it affects the tides and the weather too much. Thus now, whenever there is a major weather event, the first thought that pops into my head is that the moon must have been wearing underpants! Just think New Moderator, if you spend time working in the same office as @Lunar, you may become as wise as her one day. Smiley Very Happy 

Ok, well I think that will do for a start. Hopefully some other Forumites will wander past with further contributions. Don't worry New Moderator I'm sure you will feel right at home in Forum Land super soon. Smiley Very Happy

we are awesome.jpg

@Shaz51 @CheerBear @soul @Zoe7 @Mazarita @Rockpool @Pebbles @River9 @Queenie @Faith-and-Hope @utopia @suzanne

66 REPLIES 66

Re: The really important things that new moderators need to know

😆🤣😂 @Phoenix_Rising .... lol .....

Is this "welcome new moderator" or "scarethehellouta new moderatot" thread ..... ?

Yes, we have certainly set up a comfy space here with Octagonal Room's and underwater caves .... and we go flying off on amazing adventures that include giant Nutella jars.

We also do great virtual coffee .....

Always lovely to meet new moderators ... and welcome .... ❣️

@Faith-and-Hope ROFL. Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Just between you and me @Faith-and-Hope it's really the Phoenix_Rising really really really super badly doesn't do change and so she is trying to make the change as smooth as possible for herself thread. I'm just pretending that it is for the benefit of others. Smiley LOL

You're doing a super great job of it @Phoenix_Rising ..... WTG ❣️

Thanks for this post @Phoenix_Rising Smiley Very Happy

I have not yet gone for a ride in the nutella jar but I have seen it! I have been establishing my little palm tree island vehicle (it can fly of course!) that I am taking residence in. It too has a great vantage point to see Forum Land.

I look forward to enjoying the wisdom of @Lunar - I do like learning about the moon!

b82b872f6e7410e609a4cf12456bcdfe.jpg

@Lauz I super love that you have seen @NikNik's nutella jar. Does she arrive at the office in it and land it on the roof of the building? That would definitely be a good way to avoid the Sydney traffic!

I super super super love the fact that you have a flying island. So when things go awry on the ocean, you can come and land anywhere? Even if I am a bazillion miles from shore in super gigantic waves? That is pretty cool. Smiley Very Happy

Hi @Phoenix_Rising!

Thanks so much for starting this thread for us new moderators! It seems like a great place for us to catch up on everything that has been happening in Forum Land for the last little while. Flying nutella jars, a moon wearing underpants...sounds like a pretty special place.

I look forward to seeing what else Forum Land has in store 🙂

@Phoenix_Rising. God I love your sense of humour. I needed this laugh. But now need to change my undies, just like the moon over the Americas.
How great to have new moderators that 'get' our humour and our forum land.
Any initiation rituals you think these new guys need to go through?

Hi new moderator/s 🙂 It's nice to 'meet' you.

I thought I'd add a quick description of the neighbourhood that I am pretty familiar with, to help you navigate your way around it 🙂

In the neighbourhood is a nest which is next to an octagonal shaped room which now has more than 8 corners (I'll leave this one for @Zoe7 to write about if she'd like). It's connected by a rainbow bridge with lights all around it, and above it is a pulley system that can deliver goods.

I spend a bit of time in the nest, along with a few others who visit often and some who drop by sometimes. Occasionally we add things in there to make it extra comfy/yummy/cosy. The most recent being a chocolate fountain for dipping sour worms (I think that was added, but maybe it just spilled over from Friday Feast), and a bath. All of the nest additions must be safety checked before installation, after a bit of concern following a trend to light candles in there. I wouldn't particularly care about details like this but @Phoenix_Rising does 😉

Also sometimes you might see a flock of nutella seagulls about. Actually, it's unlikely you'll 'see' them just flying about, they tend to sort of magically appear out of nowhere, grab the nutella (often on toast/crumpets) and then disappear again.

There are lots of birds in forumland too, which works well because there is a whole forest of trees here, probably on a happy baby mountain. If you haven't checked out the yoga thread for that to make any sense, I'm sure it won't be long before @Phoenix_Rising gently encourages (nags) you to 😉

Again, it's nice to meet you. Please take some and 🍰 if you'd like (there's a never ending supply of them here) 😄

Another important thing to know about Forum Land (or really, just about life in general), particularly for Friday Feasts, is that most people have a regular food stomach and a dessert stomach.

It's also important to determine whether you are in team mushed ice cream, or team anti-mushed ice cream.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us