Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Sorry you're feeling that way @outlander, senidng you love Heart what's the volunteer thing? Sometimes giving to others can help lift our own spirits. Is it a thing you do often?
Weekend here will be somewhat busy but will try to get some relaxation in at some point as well.  

thanks @Ali11
i cant be to specific but its with kids and horses. this volunteering i do usually once or twice a month depending on how often it gets run. If im not volunteering then im working one of 3 jobs so tend to be busy most days anyway.
some relaxation sounds good especially if its a busy weekend.

That sounds good @outlander, horses are such beautiful creatures. 3 jobs is a lot, is there any crossover with shifts or do all of your employers know about each other and work around your schedule? Pretty cool that you get to do that regardless, variety keeps things interesting Smiley Happy 

im a carer 24/7 but have the 2 side jobs. one is more call in stuff and similar to the volunteer work i do for one organisation so its easy to work around most of the time, the other job i do its more self controlled. my employer wants something done twice a week but the time and days i do it is up to me as long as its done each week. @Ali11

That's great to have that flexibility @outlander. and it gives you a whole bunch of other skills. What's something you like about each different job?

Goodnight to all. We're going away for the weekend, not sure if i'll have internet access, so will catch up whenever...

goodnight @Smc hope you have a goodtime away

uh caring it allows me o work from home, and job 2 and 3 are more the social aspects of it @Ali11

Goodnight @Smc, have a great weekend.  

The social aspects of work can be really helpful at times, can't they @outlander? One thing about working from home is you don't get the same level of connection with people. Some recent neuroscience studies are showing just how important social connection can be, it affects so much of our life, from little things like oxytocin and dopamine being released when we see people we care about, to our overall sense of self. Are you close with the people you work with, or is it more customer/client interaction that you enjoy?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us