Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

CheerBear
Community Elder

End of year thoughts

Hi everyone 🙂

It's that time of the year where I (as I imagine a number of others may) find myself thinking back over the year that is coming to an end and looking forward, wondering what the year ahead might bring.
I thought it could be nice to share some of your thoughts about your 2018, if anyone is interested.

Maybe: 

Something from this year that:

* you've been proud of
* you're thankful for
* you learned 
* was a highlight moment

A song/movie/book/show you really enjoyed this year 

A hope you have for next year

Tagging some but everyone is welcome - @frog, @Mazarita, @Zoe7@outlander, @greenpea, @BlueBay, @TheVorticon, @Queenie, @Hope4me, @eth, @Appleblossom, @Shaz51, @Sans911, @Owlunar@TAB, @Teej, @Flying_Hams, @Sophia1, @oceangirl, @Adge, @Former-Member, @utopia@Wanderer@PeppiPatty  and all. Looking forward to hearing thoughts on any/all of the above (or anything else!) if anyone is up for sharing 🙂

45 REPLIES 45

Re: End of year thoughts

Great idea @CheerBear

I am happy that I got back to work in even the small capacity that I did and I am very grateful for this forum and the support I have had from so many over the past year.

@CheerBear

2018 was the hardest year.  My Depression dragged me to new depths. 

2018 was a year for hope.  My psychiatrist put me on some new medications and wow,  they worked.  No more depression. 

You did so well with work @Zoe7 🙂 Go you!

No more depression is awesome to hear @utopia! I remember you going through a really hard time of things. Well done!

way to go @Zoe7 Heart

that is soooo awesome @utopia Heart

great thread @CheerBear, will come back and do mine xxx

Yes re forum thats been a rock . I paid half of massive credit debt off. I met some people who opened up to me at work, I had some good jobs. I asked for help at start of year and got it. Ok from centrelink 😬 lol well they’re usually anything but. I went beyond my limits mentally at work, finding more out about myself in process. Movie that comes to mind is ‘Boy’ but seen before ok its periennial (?) some friends dropped off. Met some people who later dropped off, but it’s Learning. Anyway thanks for making me Think @CheerBear and force myself to see positives 😬😸😎🎩 I hope for better physical and mental health next year while realising Its going to take big changes. I think I can do it. Wont name them for fear of jinxing it lol

Looking forward to hearing (reading) @Shaz51 😊

Wow @TAB - so many positives! Well done! I had to really stretch myself to think of the good in the year that has been as I found myself getting a bit stuck in 'miserable, everything was awful, I'm just glad I survived' thinking 😉 Loved reading your post. Thanks for taking the time to share 😊

We all made it this far and successfully survived everything that the year decided to present, which I know for many is a big deal and worthy of recognition! Go all of us really 😁

Thanks @CheerBear bit same re trying to put put a negative after every positive but there were more positives than that if really thought about it. They get drowned out in day to day neg bs. Thanks for thread idea and compliment 😸

@CheerBear What a great idea CheerBear :). Hmmm let me see ....

Something from this year that:

* you've been proud of:  I am proud of the way I haven't given up on my quest to get better. I keep trying regardless of adversities and do it with a smile on my face :).

* you're thankful for: I am thankful for my children especially, my family  those who are trying to help me and you guys of course :P.

* you learned : I am tougher than I originally thought and I will get there in the end.

* was a highlight moment: gosh there were so many ..... when my son1 came out from Germany for an unexpected visit 😄

Big smiles at your post @greenpea! Thanks for sharing 😊

I imagine you as having a smile almost constantly and really appreciate your positive, up and go attitude. Catching your posts often feels like a bit of brightness. How awesome to have an unexpected visit from overseas son too! Yay you greenpea 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us