Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

@Maggie wrote:

Deep inside I’m sad and questioning everything about myself @CheerBear. Why does everyone else fit in, but not me. My ‘ bad’ feels out of control, and my emotions are everywhere.

I’ve been doing some reading about disorganised attachment, abandonment etc. Hard when you see yourself on the pages.

Thank you for the tag, @Maggie ...

I'm sad to hear the above...sending you a warm gentle hug.

Second coffee here @CheerBear ️ Wondering how yesterday, and Your shiny new desk went. 🥰🥰

Morning @Maggie 🙂👋 And hi to anyone who might be calling by.

Yesterday was a good one for me thanks. It was so nice to sit at my new space and it made a big difference to have the room, light from the windows, not be straining my neck etc. Work was really good too. I had a seriously tricky situation recently, involving needing to address something that someone really should have done (like number one rule kind of really should have done) but didn't. At the time it was very big for them and they went fireball-ish. I got feedback on the way I handled it yesterday which was really positive and a big boost, and I had a run down of what followed the incident, which was all positive too. 🙂

How are you doing this morning? And how was your yesterday?

I'm grabbing a cuppa. Can I bring you one?

@CheerBear  Yes please.

Yesterday sounds challenging, but very rewarding. Go you. 👍. I like that you get positive feedback straight away. Gosh, you are doing well in this job. It’s building confidence. 

My flat  is clean @CheerBear , even my oven. Just an indication of how yesterday was. I will possibly have my painting student this afternoon, so it will be good to see her.. not sure what she will be doing today.

Thanks @Maggie . It was really quite intense when it happened. I could imagine what it was like for the person I was talking with, and how hard it is to do what they did. I also get how fireball works, being I am one myself. It helped when it came to dealing with it all I think.

Did it help to get into the cleaning yesterday? Is the pain back because of it? Big hugs.

Glad you might have student today. What are you working on with them now?

Let's see if pics work today, for an up and down one. Please let me know if you can see 🙂

20200712_063505.jpg

@CheerBear  Yes I can see you shiny new dark. It looks super good. Love the white legs. Room to work makes so much difference. Well done. 👍👍👍 is it the dining table next ?? And fire ?

I have pain always @CheerBear , the swelling is down this morning, and not as stiff, so not to bad so far. Thanks for the hugs, really help. 😘😘

I’m not sure what my lady will bring today. She finished her project last week, but could well have a few more lined up.

How is today looking ? Another work/school day.

My Coles order arrived a while ago. Yea. Everything I ordered, so it’s a good start.

@outlander  👋👋💞💞

Thanks @Maggie 😊 I think next is a bookcase. I no longer have a hutch or drawers so a book case is needed. I'll make it to match the colours. Stain and chalk paint 🙂

I hope that the swelling stays to a not too bad level. Makes the hard harder.

I imagine painting lady would be super happy to have a finished project, and probably excited to start something new. It's so great that you share what you know and the joy of creating. You've touched many through your painting ❤

No school yet as kids are on extended holidays, so it's just work today. Then sewing with Big. We're trying patterns and fabrics while we wait for elastic to arrive. Not a lot of success so far but we're learning lots.

Order arriving and complete is a great start 🎉

I'm going to get moving. Lots to organise before I start.

Hope the day has good in it for you ❤ Some for you too @outlander ❤❤

<tiptoes respectfully onto thread>

Just want to leave a hug for @Maggie 💜 at the moment...and to say that I can relate to the part about church letting you down. 😞

@NatureLover  I’m sorry you can relate. 💞💞 Unfortunately stigma is still allowed in some places. I hoped to break through, but I’m not strong enough.

You never need to tip toe into this thread, you and anyone else are most welcome. I’m sorry to be quiet at the moment, it’s hit harder than I expected. Waves can be strong and overwhelming. 

A hug back. 🤗🤗💞💞💜💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us