Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Lost101
Casual Contributor

Not sure how to get help

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have been struggling to cope with life and it's challenges. I have suffered depression for a long time however medication hasn't helped and I'd really like to not feel empty and lost all the time. Not sure where to go for help? I know I need to seek help as I can't continue to function for much longer if something doesn't change. I'd really love some advice or even to be able to talk to someone that can help me understand what's happening to me and help me not to feel like I'm totally crazy and I should just get over it. Sorry if I don't make sense, I'm not sure where to start.

Thank you for any guidance or input 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Not sure how to get help

hi @Lost101 and welcome

Its really brave and great of you to know you need help to ask for it. it can be really scary to do cant it.

You said your on medications so im thinking youve spoken to your gp? If youve been on meds for a while theres a change you need to adjust them as your body can become resisitant to them. Your gp can also refer you to psychological services.
Do you think you could speak to your gp about how your currently feeling and ask if you could see a psychologist?

no your not crazy nor should you be expected to just 'get over it'
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us