Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Depression Dementia Dad

Former-Member
Not applicable

HELPING-HAND_2902926b.jpg

thZG39J7TX.jpgthTE48293E.jpg@Former-Memberthinking of you Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

I was was just talking with Public Guardian and jumped online for support because I have all these mixed feelings everywhere with her freaking out over hearing dad has 27steps into his home here, and her tone changed saying “I will be coming to a decision by the end of the week” Pretty much made up her mind to make him PERMANENT. I saw it coming but it’s upsetting, and I feel mixed up. But I really must go offline and shower & get some more groceries, diet shakes & visit dad. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Didn’t visit dad, had a fainting spell taking a shower. Blood pressure I think and this diet. Need to ease up a bit.

Bro4 said he’d been in to see dad y’day and I have to go wed AM, is that enough? I’m not sure he remembers. It’s so hard now he can’t carry a conversation and forgets who I am.

At least I forded Public Guardian to investigate dad care at home (she’s contacted all dad’s services, confirmed with ALL of them I was a caring daughter with dad, she said), and the record has been set straight / put right (after Bro2 & sis grossly misrepresenting me, and the situation. I don’t know. Tried to talk about this on the other side but, well, let’s just say MI causes much self absorption

Oh my goodness
This dog is snoring so loud on my bed lol
How could such a cute little fur baby girl be so loud lol

Evening @Former-Member
Maybe its worth speaking to your gp about your fainting spells? It doesnt sound very good and maybe the dr could help with bp meds or something depending on what they find?

It's about bloody time someone set the record straight. Finally someones seeing what we see here and that is the good stuff not what your family has been saying. I really wish they hadnt of done that in the first place though, so unnecessary. They really must have a lot of guilt to have dragged your name through the dirt.

Your dog sounds cute, we had a loud snoring pup too she also use to 'run' in her sleep probably chasing birda or rabbits lol!

@Former-Member

Thinking of you. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Checking in @Former-Member

Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20180510_203930.png

@Former-Member  TNX,  Arrived 6pm @ holiday cottage on the NSW south coast. Lots of traffic but steady run. Brang a chch friend, lovely lady. Lobely town, so much water in a he sea lol and so blue 🙂 We had Tai for tea :). How are you?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @outlander, how are you?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us