Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

frog
Community Elder

Re: Dark Skies

With you @Wanderer

X

X

Former-Member
Not applicable

I'm always on my own @Wanderer, I have no friends that ever visit, or phone to see how I am. Or if I need help, or invite me any where, & I am not exaggerating. It's been like this for 8 years, since I became unwell with Chronic pain. My best friend died, before the pain got to the point that I needed urgent, life saving surgery, I still miss Denise every day. My other close friend, became Diabetic & could not handle my pain, so she just pushed me out of her life, just like that!
I am finding it so difficult to have any social life like I am, & I know that I would really appreciate, at least one loving friend in my life to share time with.
Love & Hugs!
Bella XO 🙂
Shaz51
Community Guide

Hello @Wanderer Heart

X

X

frog
Community Elder

It must be very hard @Wanderer I'm happy for you that your daughter will be there when you move. Will pets come too? My dogs are good value, and I have my kids with me but it's not the same as company at your own age and stage. I don't really know how to reach out and connect with people. When I was young it just sort of happened. I've been a bit more positive irl after finding the forum. Wishing you a good night sleep,

X

X

frog
Community Elder

@Wanderer I’m glad you’re on the forum however things are for you, and I’m sure I’m not alone in that! I like ‘seeing’ you around. I like the sound of your very big and very little dogs 😊

Hi @Wanderer .....

Do t worry about the giving and taking bit .... just b ing here is important, and part of what you may be giving without realising it, is courage to someone else in your sort of circumstances to join the forum and reach for support here too.  A lot of the support comes from walking along this treacherous road together, and for that to happen, we have to be here .... posting, checking in, on the better days asking about others is a good thing to do .... throw it all into the mix and ditch the guilt feelings .... there is enough going on without carrying that too .....

💐💕

hi @Wanderer

iv been reading through some of your thread. sorry that you have been in so much pain.

i hope things get better for you. thinking of you

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us