Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Crashed and burned

@Queenie @You are doing great changing medication at home. It must be so hard. May be explain to your family in medical terms how severe the issue is, so they can support you more and care for you more in this period.

Hi @Meowmy they know and aware how things could possibly go. I could never tell them what is occurring already as I don't want to let them down.

You see, the pressure is on to be okay as I am going away next weekend. 

I see my support worker next Wednesday. Looking forward to that.

@Queenie  please make sure you have plenty of support. It can be dangerous changing significant meds outside hospital.Also what you are feeling is very normal given the circumstances. Please take great care.

I have to stay out of hospital as much as possible. I have too much to lose going in that place @Meowmy . I still feel my click clacky brain churning away. I am sure I am not psychotic as I am still in control, but rather, it is withdrawals from the meds which has me ensnared. I have weird sleep. Sleep during the day and awake all night. I am becoming nocturnal again. I hate that as it is so isolating.

I copied and pasted my post describing how I feel into a text message to my Mrs. she read it and is really concerned. She said it is okay if I need to go into hospital after this weekend coming. I'm scared of losing it all.

@Queenie Please play it safe. Monitor each step carefully. You wouldn’t want to go backwards. Tardive dyskinesia is serious. This is crucial period of your life. You will need professional experts to help you through. You also has your partner. Please take great care.

Should I tell my therapist about what has been happening to me? I've decided the sound my brain is making is like a xylophone made of wood being struck.... clack, clack, click. I still have the bugs crawling around in my field of vision like huuuuge vitreous floaters (but they aren't because I've never seen floaters with wings or centipedes).

I see my therapist in a couple of hours. 

@Queenie  Going off major meds need to be carefully monitored by professionals.It is very important they know what is happening. I really hope it would all work out for you. Very now is crucial time. Take care.

Hi @Meowmy , I told her everything and she was of the opinion it isn't very fair I have to wait until next week without medication while it is obviously having an effect on me with symptoms occurring. She is going to phone him tomorrow.

Hi everyone, I’m in the hospital presently. I’m still experiencing what staff have dubbed “psychotic experiences” although my mood is far better now. I found out my psychiatrist is retiring soon, so that’s another support gone. He used to bulk bill me as he knows I cannot afford to see him. No other shrink within a reasonable distance bulk bills, so no more psychiatric care. The public system won’t touch me because I’m a private patient.

I’m so dopey due to medication! Please forgive me in advance for my mistakes in typing. One of my antipsychotic meds is at a high dose, sedating me a lot.

Hello gentle forumites 

I am still in hospital and my body is fighting the sedative effects of the medication I have. I am yet to attend group therapy as I am always asleep. Hopefully today is the day I can do that. Schizoaffective disorder is so complicated isn’t it? If I don’t have voices or bugs 🐜I have crushing paranoia. At least my mood has stabilised for now.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us