Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Michelle143
New Contributor

Anxiety is worse then it has ever been

Hello. I am new here and would like to share what’s been going through my mind recently as i need to get it off my chest in some form and know im not alone. About 3 months ago my anxiety peaked. I got a case of chemical pneumonia and though I’ve always had a generalized anxiety since i was young confirmed by a psychiatrist, i have begun having panic/anxiety attacks on an almost daily basis. I have developed a health anxiety where i at all times feel aches or pains, have trouble breathing, or a throat tightness as well as chest pains. I constantly feel i have some deadly disease. I am constantly talking myself down in my head trying to calm my nerves. Clenching my jaw from stress have seriously startes hurting my teeth and jaw. Im trying so hard to help myself including exercise, change in diet. I cannot at the moment seek medical help. I also have a fear of developing schizophrenia from my mother. Its my greatest fear and I’ve Begun to constanly fear that one of my panic attacks will turn into full blown psychosis. My mental health is taking over my life. I no longer feel much joy because im constantly worried. Im also suffering from derealization. I constantly feel like im in a dream. I just feel so alone in this and as a 20 year old female i just want this to go away so i can resume a normal life..

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Anxiety is worse then it has ever been

Hearing you @Michelle143 You're not alone.

You have a lot going on, and it sounds like you're doing everything you can to help yourself. I've also had gad since I was little. At the moment my anxiety is relatively under control. I have had periods when the intensity is so exhausting that I didn't think I could go on. And yet here I am. I'm really sorry that you can't seek medical help. The forums are a great help in terms of people who just get it. I'll tag you in a thread to get started in meeting people. Another way is by using the search bar on the home page of the lived experience forum. Wishing you some small wins today and a little bit of peace.

hello @Michelle143
id like to welcome you again, i jsut finished up a response on another thread but have found this one too. as i said on another thread im 21 and also a female. i also have severe anxeity which includes the health side of things too.

Can i ask if you have some supports for yourself? friends, family or professional supports i think would be beneficial for you.
if you make an appointment with your gp, you can talk about your mental health (if your not sure what to say, your post here is perfect) they can refer you to a psychologist and other professionals.
A site called Reachout i think would help you as well, its got quite abi of information on there, Kidshelpline and Headspace are also really good if you need some information and also they offer free counselling both via phone, email and through webchat as well. you talk to trained professionals and of course SANE too through their helpline (both phone and chat)
your not alone here 🙂

Hello @Michelle143

A very warm welcome to the forums it is really nice to meet you 🙂

It sounds like you have so much to worry about at the moment with the way you are feleing in your body, possible illnesses and also mental health as your mother has Shcizophrenia. That is just so very much to be coping at the moment, it is so important that you reach out for some much needed support to navigate all of this. I am really glad you have begun reaching out on the forums for some support, that is really helpful.

Like the others have said, try reaching out to a service like Kidshelpline, or seeing your GP or going to Headspace for some more ongoing support to help you process all of this and find ways of managing your anxiety:

Headspace / eheadspace
1800 650 890 (national)
9:00am and 1:00am seven days a week
www.headspace.org.au  / www.eheadspace.org.au 
headspaceprovides early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds and their family. This incorporates mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services. Service offered via:
headspace centres are located throughout all areas of Australia, so you can access the type of health worker you need (eg GP, psychologist, social worker, alcohol and drug worker, counsellor, vocational worker or youth worker). Locate your nearest centre online
eheadspace
If you don't have a headspace centre nearby or you don't feel ready to visit a centre, eheadspace provides confidential online (email and chat) and telephone support. To access eheadspace you need to register. eheadspace also holds monthly online information sessions where you can join group chats to talk on different things.

I look forward to getting to know you better,

Lunar

Hello . Having difficulty thinking . New to site and not sure what to do. This is upsetting me .Can not remember what I was going to say. Anxiety is overwhelming  . Hd brain surgery and I think the surgon sain Fronal lobe  Dementia is one of the side affects of the surgery .have thin veins in my brain? . So difficult to ermember what the doctors tell me .Do not know if I have frotal lobe dementia or not.Hope not ,syptoms are developing leading me to that diagnosis. So confused and no one will tell me one way or other .They can see and I tell them of the extreme anxiety I am experiencing .Closest I have come to a diagnosis is it is to early to tell  .I as a layman can see the matching syptoms .Or am I imagining it all .

Hello I am the same .So lost in this nightmare .What is real and imagined is confusing m e .This leads to a anxiety attack .If not resolved leads to Which then leads to depression .Depression has many Major medical , physical mental problems .

Hello ,new to to this forum and unsure of the way to communicate with others as in Chat type discussion ? I am 60 yrs old and started down the road of mental illness due to frontal lobe Dementia

hello and welcome @woombye 

you are most welcome to join in anywhere you feel most comfortable. this threads a little quiet however we''ve many other threads that are more active. 

your also welcome to start a thread of your own. Ill link in some threads here for you that are more socially active. 

introduce yourself here

good morning thread

anyone feel like chatting?

we also have many other interest threads like craft, gardening, art, different animals, christianty, as well as our tough time and social threads

oh and just a little bit of info is when your talking to people if you type in the @ symbol names will pop up on the side and you can select a members name so you tag them so they know your talking to them (if your using the quick reply box youll have to type thr @ as well as the members name 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us