Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Thanks @Ali11 Much appreciated.

My disability work is emotionally draining & thankless, at the best of times.

It's so hard to Give, give, give to other people - whilst living on one's own, without adequate personal support.

And needing nurturing myself....

Adge

Thanks @Zoe7

Since I'm now "Mr Plastic Fantastic" (with mesh inside tummy) - I just want that mesh to Give me Superpowers.

Wishful thinking, I know....

Adge

I can imagine you as a superhero @Adge Smiley Tongue and 'Plastic Fantastic is a great description for the little finch Smiley LOL Does your superpower allow you to do anything in particular better? 

Well I guess it would make me "more flexible & bendy" @Zoe7

Maybe able to "sway (bend) under strong winds" (of life) - & not get blown over, or flattened.

I might be able to stretch & "squeeze myself out of tricky situations"...

Smiley LOLAdge

hahaha @Adge That is funny. I would like to see a little finch be so bendy. You already have the power of flight so being so bendy would help you go nearly anywhere - now I have an image in my head of a bendy finch lol

@Adge You would be impossible to cage and fit through any bars.

Smiley Happy

Sorry they are not looking after the staff ... so much for the Disability Sector being on top of health issues!

Smiley Sad

@Zoe7 @greenpea 

Hugs

Smiley Happy

Hey @Appleblossom Hugs back Heart

Hi and good morning to @Zoe7 @Mazarita @Appleblossom @Adge @Ali11 @eth @CheerBear @saturnzoon @Exoplanet @BryanaCamp @Shaz51 and all the formites wishing everyone a super pea Saturday!! Guess what? I am giving myself the weekend off!! Yes I have to rest my weary limbs and besides am expecting a grocery delivery between 5am-8am so I have to hang around. I just checked online and apparently the latest delivery details is they will be here between 5 and 6!! the guys work so hard I hope they get paid well.

Have ex coming up to pick up son2 and have him over night which is great gives me a break and is nice for son2 to see his dad. What does everyone else have on today? Love greenpea xxx

@greenpea it's all good... it's just that I'm not real happy about the predicament I've found myself in with medication and how I'm feeling from day to day... trying to make sense of why they've done what they've done often paints a rather negative story in my mind...

Good morning @greenpea  nice to hear you are treating yourself to a weekend off ... does that just mean no long walk or is there more to it?

Hello to all here today  @Zoe7 @Appleblossom @eudemonism @CheerBear @Exoplanet @Adge (Mr Plastic Fantastic! love it) @outlander @Shaz51 @Teej @Faith-and-Hope 

Hope today starts gently for everyone.

I have a sw coming from 12 to 2.45 and will do a little shopping with her then maybe a walk on the beach.  Until then I hope to do some of the chores I listed yesterday then didn't do.  At least I got on the ex bike.  And sorted out what seeds I want to plant - snowpeas, spinach, broccoli, lettuce, cornflowers, parsley and tat soy (chinese spinach).  All are good to plant autumn to winter.  Some of them are pretty old but I'm hoping I'll still get some to germinate.  Churned the soil in the bed I will use to raise the seedlings too.  The soil has lots of chicken poo and compost in it plus I'll top dress with seed raising mix so it should be pretty  nutritious.  Fingers crossed for a good strike rate.

Wondering if anyone's around atm?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us