Forums Home

Carers Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Highlighted
Any
New Contributor

15 years of caring will it ever end

My son started his journey with mental illness 15 years ago and so did our family.

I am exhausted but I still step up in times of crisis I don’t have a choice.

He gets lots of support from NDIS but I wish there was some crisis support other than hospital ( which never helps) .

I recently had to cut short a holiday to come and help him, in the interim I called on a friend to call in on him and make sure he was safe this was very confronting for them and I don’t want to ask again does anyone know of a service that would offer this sort of support.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES

Re: 15 years of caring will it ever end

Doesn't it always seem that when we try to have a break something inevitably happens? 😬

In some states there are some private hospitals that offer mental health crisis response  @Any but where I live CATT/ public system is only option.  

Re: 15 years of caring will it ever end

I know someone who gets a daily call from Red Cross.  They may be worth it if they are local.

For urgent assistance, call:

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us