Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Zaphod
Senior Contributor

New on here

Hi, im new on here.  Been struggling with depression, anxiety and alcohol addiction.  Feel like crap at the moment and definately feeling like im not going to cope with the family coming over tomorrow.

32 REPLIES 32

Re: New on here

hey @Zaphod
welcome to forums
i hope you find it a useful place

how are you this evening?

Thanks.  Hanging in there.

How are you?

not great @Zaphod but still here i guess
that's why the forums are here in the end

Hello @Zaphod and welcome!

If you would like to tag people so they get a notification that your talking to them. You just put the @symbol in front of their names just as weve done for yours.

Feel free to use the sane searchbar to have a look for things of interest such an alcohol recovery (we have a few of those) or have a look through the different sections and join in where you would like. Im happy yo introduce you to some other members on other threads if you feel more comfortable that way.

Family coming over for me is super stressful too. Something that helps me is to literally fake it till you make it meaning try to interact and smile eve if you dont want to and also take regular bathroom breaks just to gather yourself up. Any other ideas that you think might help with coping tomorrow?

Yeh ...you're not alone mate. I just got off the phone to Lifeline which helped a bit. What are you up to tonight?

Thanks @outlander. I definately need to stay sober tonight. I think ill end up pulling an all nighter. Got a few assessments due on monday and need to clean my bathroom. Mushrooms are growing in the shower...(not really its pretty dirty though)

Im glad lifeline helped you @Zaphod
You still need sleep to function so try to get a few hrs in if you can.
What are you studying?

Community Services and Aged Care.  Stressed to the max about it.  

Oh wow @Zaphod thats both cool and sounds stressful. I work in aged care atm myself.
Do you have any supports at all? Do you know you can get support for your me tal health while studying as well?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us