Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My journey

That is a big thing to do @Former-Member but I also know you have not been happy in your current place and was thinking of moving before the landlord asked you to extend your lease earlier this year. Sometimes we need to make big changes in our lives and this is definitely one for you. I hope you find a new place quickly and you can begin again in a different area - I also know you ave people where you currently live that you have had conflicts with - so a move is probably a really good idea to start fresh.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yeah the landlord has breached my rights of privacy a couple of times. We have infestation in this place. My bin is constantly full and I had a disagreement with a tenant today about it. It’s not me and I don’t feel safe at all anymore. Just going to follow my dreams @Zoe7

Sounds like you really need a change @Former-Member - somewhere for you to feel safe and where you can walk around the streets with your daughter. Are you looking to stay in the same area or move away completely?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Move on completely @Zoe7 

I wish you all the best with being able to move @Former-Member ...and you have your course starting next year so it could be a big 6 months for you coming up.

Former-Member
Not applicable

I don’t want to go through any of it ever again @Zoe7 

You have been through a lot @Former-Member but I love your attitude to moving on and moving forward. I really hope it all falls into place for you Hon Smiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

No one will ever know @Zoe7

Former-Member
Not applicable

I am very angry whatever anyone wanted to achieve they definately won @Zoe7

Try not to look at it that others have won but you are starting your new life free of the constraints of where you presently live @Former-Member You are making this move for yourself and your daughter and that is something positive to look forward to Hon Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us