Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My Story and where to from here.. (very personal)

As long as you are getting your needs met with whoever you see @Flying_Hams then that is important. Not everyone needs a close relationship with their GP - I need that for my trust issues and also as I have little support elsewhere irl.

Yeh @Zoe7
Shit be crazy

lol @Flying_Hams Smiley Tongue

Indeed it is @Flying_Hams lol

Smiley Happy

very much so @Appleblossom

Hi @outlander @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @TAB @utopia @Appleblossom

So my decision to go back to bed was bitter-sweet. I think it was good that I got the extra sleep I needed but I feel kind of bad now. Whatever. It is what it is. Not gonna get held up on how should I feel about it.

I was thinking in the arvo yesterday about what exactly it is that I need to do. What do I need to do in order to improve things.

My psych appt on Wednesday was good for that. What I need is balance. Balance between the aims and goals I have and also the practical ways in which I can get there.

So my first priority is to finish TESOL. Get all of that out my way.
The second priority is to find something related to my degree.
This will be hard because I have narrow it down. But that doesn't make it impossible.

The Other thing bugging me atm is the sense of how fast everything is going. If I'm honest sometimes I just want to curl up and hide from the world. I'm happy to play video games rather than face my problems sometimes, but not all the time. I can see where I was at the start of 2018 and how changing my attitude and focus helped a lot. I guess it's just a case of doing that again.

More like the craziness I read about and the craziness I see sometimes in people is what bugs me. I found that the walk I went on the other day was really good. Closer to nature made it feel better.

I've also decided to start reading 12 rules again. Just to refresh my memory.

I feel sad still. Can't pin it down. Best not to dwell on that bit I should think.

Just put party hat 🎩 on and have a real birthday party @Flying_Hams ... relax .. you’ve earned it ...

As usual you are working through everything methodically and maturely @Flying_Hams You will find your way and you are continuing to make steps to have that happen - and that is admirable buddy Smiley Very Happy

indeed @TAB @Zoe7

Take a look at the snaps on the photo thread too btw

I also find a walk in Nature helps me @Flying_Hams.

You are on the right path.  Keep moving forward. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us