Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My Story and where to from here.. (very personal)

It's more the fact that i have to do it @outlander
But could be worse. We did it now. Woollies mobile. Younger siblings are a nuisance at times but they are family so we still do right by them I think. You have younger sisters don't you?

You do what you believe is right @MDT

Some supportive stuff and some "Sorry sis thats not on".

Heart

pretty much @Appleblossom

It's okay for now. That's all that mattes really. Just gotta focus on my own stuff. I do worry about her though, especially now that the she seems to spend a good deal of time to herself. She was upset last night about the fact she feels she hasn't got many friends and the sad thing is she kind of doesn't. I remember her 18th party. Christ that was horrible. One person showed up late. That was it. About 16 said they were going to go. I was upset for her, but also really angry. I still remember having to clean up the unused barbeque and the unused plates and food. The thing is she is too good for those people. She's been through hell with her health and it pains me to see her in this state - can only imagine what mum and dad must feel like. I think she's coming around though. She has good friends through the cancer group she is in. I think as she gets older she'll change. One of the reasons I hate childhood sickness is because it ruins their social development - they basically grow in every other way except socially. That's why I like to be good friends with my sister too so that's nice. We get along well for the most part but it's just when these things happen it's hard to see. IT actually makes me reflect on my experiences with mental health if I am honest. It must be truly horrendous for my parents to hear me say i've wanted to end it all. I remember my dad and mum crying once when i told them. All it proves is that love is the strongest bond we have as humans. Remember this and it's tolerable.

Sorry, that was very long. I'm just in the zone atm after finishing my last essay haha.

@Zoe7 all done. Five essays. Just to edit and copy paste bits and pieces. But the clay is there for all of them. Win!

@MDT I found what you wrote about your sister both heartbreaking and heartwarming - you certainly have a lot of love for her and can see the challenges she has faced. I think you also have very good insight into how she would be feeling and although she does annoy you sometimes the overwhelming sense I get from you is your love for her. 

I am pleased for you that you have finished your essays and they now just need a bit of moulding - I hope you have some success with them Smiley Happy

@MDT You dont need to apologise about lengthy posts. It was mature and thoughtful.  Good luck with your essays too.

What you wrote helps me understand you and your sister. 

That is very true about illness and social development.  I hope one day she has a party of people who care about her and want to be there.  Small can be good.

Yes it would have been difficult for your parents to hear the depth of your pain, but better that you are still a real family who communicate.  Some parents never know what is going on for their children.

Keep hanging in there. You are doing good.

Smiley Happy

Editing going okay. Had to reword one of them. Need to add more to one then I should be cutting a bit more out of the three essays left over then I am done.
@outlander @utopia @Shaz51 @TAB @Ant7 @Adge @Former-Member @Zoe7 @soul

@Shaz51 I saw you say hi on good morning thread but calling you over here coz I don't wanna take up the room on the other. How are you??

sounds good @MDT

Sounds like you have it all under control @MDT - goodluck with it all Smiley Happy

Closer to the edge @Zoe7

Does that mean closer to finishing your essays @MDT or are you not doing well tonight?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us