Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Kodee
Contributor

Living with severe depression

I was assaulted when i was 14, since than i started to self harm. Over a year ago i have started to get help. I started taking antidepressants and that didn't go good for me. I ended up in the hospital for suicide. The medication made my suicidal thoughts worse. They got me on better medication, which has workes for awhile. But i feel so lonely these last few months. I don't have friends or family that i can talk to. I don't want to put all my problems on my husband. I feel as if I'm slowly fading back. I am unsure of what to do anymore.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Living with severe depression

Hi @Kodee 

welcome to the forum and good on you for seeking extra support for yourself.

Life can be lonely and difficult when you dont have people you can talk to and feel okay with yet you haven't given up and instead you have reached out seeking the extra support. Others on the forums will respond though it can take some time, in the mean time I  have sent you as an email with some other support services you might find useful. 

regards

Iris 

Hello @Kodee, I can relate to your loneliness, but in a slightly different way, I am alone, I have 3 children but they are 8 hours drive away, and for reason that happened over 3 decades ago, since the passing of their father have abandoned me...I haven’t seen them for so long and the loneliness I feel is overwhelming...

Im wondering if you are seeing a Psych at all? 

I try so hard to keep distracted from my loneliness by just trying to find things that I can do to keep those tears from loneliness away...Sometimes I will play music through my earphones, or play internet games, mostly word challenge games or solitaire...

I know it’s hard to beat the loneliness but we need to try, Where I Love is a tiny village with under 200 residents and absolutely nothing here not even a shop..so I have to travel over 30 kilometres one way just for bread or milk....

Big problem my anxiety  keeps me home most days. which means I can go days even weeks without hearing or seeing anyone, not even a car....

Please Kodee, try as hard as you can to join a group of people that you have things in common with, maybe a craft group, or a mh group, or a reading group....

Maybe sit down with your husband and have a heart to heart about your fears and exactly how your feeling, im sure he loves you and would only want to help you...

Please keep in touch and let me know how your feeling...But please Kodee always remember that we are here to help support..I’m just sitting here with you Kodee, I’m holding your hand and I won’t let go.

I hope your a hugger because I love hugs and want to give you a caring and warm hug..🤗🤗.

Starta..

Thank you for that. I do see someone every 2 weeks. If i'm not working I'm
in school so i keep myself busy. I don't talk to many people. I don't feel
like burdening them with me.

Thank you. I do see a psychologist every 2 weeks. I love her, she's got a cute little puppy. Its just the times i dont meet with her i feel lonely
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us