Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

X

x

frog
Community Elder

Re: Dark Skies

Sorry to hear your day has been so hard @Wanderer I hope you can wind down and get some rest tonight. Take care my friend.

Hi @Wanderer It is great you've met other forumites. 

I am glad you dont need sleeping tablets.  They are dastardly things.

Farm dogs are a different breed to city dogs. 

I have good farm memories from my teen years.  The experiences helped me sort out the wheat from the chaff.  Seriously they helped ground me and helped me survive.

Would you be able to manage on a smaller farm or a couple of acres?

Transitions can be difficult, but keep in mind your daughter needs you long term and try and picture a practical way through the minefield that often comes with separations.

Smiley Happy

X

X

Wanderer
Senior Contributor

X

X

frog
Community Elder

Oh @Wanderer that level of anxiety is just awful. Smiley Sad

I'm glad you are at your sister's place.

I went through a period of prolonged high anxiety after my husband left. Before that I would not have believed it was possible for it to go on so long. It makes me feel sick just thinking about it.

I have a good GP who made time for me, and checked in frequently. There were a few experiments with medication. In the day time it wasn't helpful - just felt equally anxious and sedated Smiley Frustrated but it did help at night so I could get some rest.

Doing very basic, practical things also helped a little bit. I managed to walk around the block with someone, very slowly iron an item of clothing. It was almost impossible to eat, so I made milk drinks just to keep me going.

With you friend. Really hope you get a bit of relief today Heart

Morning @Wanderer

I am hearing you too.

I began experiencing anxiety attacks around three years ago when my husband was at his most emotionally aggressive.  In hindsight I can see that I had some similar (but different) experiences earlier in my marriage when my controlling mother in law was out of hand, and I was under extreme pressure with sick kids and a work-absent husband.  

At the time I couldn’t recognise the symptoms as belonging with anxiety attacks because I had not known people who could be so oppressive.

The form of emotional chaos we have at the moment is passive-aggressive.  I know from what you have written before that you know all about that too.

I am so glad your sister is there for you, that you are receiving medical support, and that you ar here talking with us .... people who have experienced something similar and who understand what you are going through.

I agree with @frog .... take whatever minimal steps you can to get through each day.  

It’s a bit like an earthquake .... there are big shocks, then series of smaller aftershocks, but they do diminish with time and care.

Your one job at the moment is taking care of you.

Hugs

X

X

Yes ... current and ongoing here too @Wanderer, but your health is under greater strain.  Keep taking those steps of self-care .... the intensity of this moment will pass .... things will progressively change ....

X

x

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us