Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

dan74
New Contributor

Cant find my reality please help!

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia 17 years ago and have had to work very hard to live a normal llife not a single day has gone by in those 17 years that i have not been tormented by my voices i have spent so much time speaking with several different sphychologists that i have ran out of things to talk about i have learned that i cant stop the voices let alone understand why i have them the hardest thing for me is getting my self to believe they aren't real even know my last  sphych told me they are real only in my head no one elses  i try every day to convince myself they aren't real people. I try every day to ignore them then by mid morning I've lost patience and im abusing the voices to  F -- off somtimes accidentally outloud i have read through all the threads on schizophrenia and hope that i can find my reality by learning what others go through. Very tired must sleep look forward to reading and sharing.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Cant find my reality please help!

@dan74 Hi dam74 and weclome to the forums. I have schizo and thankfully my voices or voice is tempered by the medication which I take.  When I hear my voice I am out of control and am not mentally able to tell him or them for F Off. I appreciate what you are going through and you are definately not alone as there are many on the forums who are in a similar situation as yourself. Take care and I will possibily see you around green pea 🙂

Hello @dan74

A very warm welcome to the forums, it is nice to meet you.

It sounds so tricky trying to manage your Schizophrenia symptoms especially with the voices on a daily basis, so it is good you are reaching out to hear what others do to cope and for some extra support regarding all of this.

You might find it helpful to Introduce Yourself here, and there is also a SANE blog that might be helpful to read through at some point too, it's called Self Help When Hearing Voices

I look forward to getting to know you better,

Lunar

Hi @dan74,

Big warm welcome to you. I hope that you will find support and solidarity here. In can sometimes take a bit of time to get to know members, and to find the people who you relate to most. I'm posting a few links below to threads written by members who have raised similar themes to you:

here, here and here

We also hosted a discussion with one of our wonderful peer ambassadors, Sandy, who has schizophrenia, some weeks ago. There are some great stories and insights in it, shared by Sandy and other forum members. You can read it here

All the best and look forward to seeing you around the forums 🙂

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your story... I like the fact that you are aware of the voices and know that they shouldn't be there, they are tormenting you after all... I know what that feels like and can relate to the pain, there were many times where I would just scream and shout at the voices to shut up and f##k off and whatever.

That never really worked so I started on a journey to somehow eliminate them from my life, it has been a lot of hard work which could of very easily landed me 6 feet under... although it seems I have stumbled upon a solution, one that I am currently refining.

Based on what you have written we are probably hearing similar voices, and as such I would hypothesise that changing your lifestyle will be the cure you are looking for... I can't make any promises, although if your situation is any similar to mine then slowly or quickly eliminating things that trigger or cause the voices should help 🙂

Alcohol and other drugs = eliminate

Meat and dairy = eliminate

The foods mentioned above are very low in energy and are essentially robbing you of your LIFE FORCE, as such you need to adopt a lifestyle that promotes the opposite... one that nourishes your mind/body/spirit, this means RAW LIVING FOODS.

One thing I have found is that the energy centre located around your head is represented by the colour violet and also known as the crown chakra, and when you eat RAW PURPLE FOODS and drinks made from fresh fruit and veg such as blueberries, grapes, beetroot, and other such foods... then eventually you will be able to turn those voices off as your energy centre that connects you to the spiritual world will be functioning properly and as such any disturbances will be blocked.

I've been looking for a solution for about 6 years now as the meds I was on didn't work and only invited more voices into my life, so began trying all sorts of different things.

The best thing that I found to work wonders is the diet/lifestyle change as that is the real cure... to be living in alignment with Mother Nature, eating raw wholesome foods which provide everything you need to naturally thrive... eat the rainbow as they say 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us