Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

outlander
Community Guide

vertigo help..

does anyone know how to help with Vertigo?

i dont take medications for it but im i need of what to actually do when it happens

at the moment its either sit down or fall down. i can hardley see straight and it seems even sitting down im getting heaps of headspins

ive taken panadol for the big headache but i dont think itll work for the headspins

@Former-Member@Faith-and-Hope@Shaz51@soul @Former-Memberwould you guys have any ideas?

19 REPLIES 19

Re: vertigo help..

I have had that with a virus a couple of times .... it's because the stabilising influence in your middle ear has been interfered with through pressure in that region.

If its viral like mine was, it just has to pass @outlander .....

Using those Vick's nasal inhalers might help, cos the sinuses are linked to the ear canals.

💙💕

i dont have any infections though.. thats why its weird.

ive had it a few times with panic attacks and after them but never this bad.

is it possible that maybe its jsut a really bad bout of anxiety causing it..? or mimicking vertigo?

@Faith-and-Hope

ive just been sitting down to rest as well so it can pass but it doesnt seem to be helping me or not yet anyway. im sitting here and getting massive headspins that are making me grab the side of the arm chair to stabilise myself..

or is it better to lay down?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Google it outlander

I would lay down @outlander .....

And yeah ..... stress can produce some amazing effects on the body .....

thanks  Heart@Faith-and-Hope ill stagger to the kitchen and take my meds and go to bed. hopefully itll pass soon

Hopefully @outlander ..... 💕

Its still not easing @Faith-and-Hope
Ive tried laying flat sutting up and laying in my side both sides and i cant sleep because its like being in a boat if rough seas 😞

Yes, that is what it was like for me too @outlander.

Maybe call a healthline or speak to the pharmacist ? Maybe travel sickness tablets will help, but you would need them to tell you that.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us