Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: self care -- Food, Salt , Sugar , Water

I have been trying to incorporate a lot more veg and reduce meat in our diet @Shaz51

me too @Former-Member , Mr shaz is not into more veges -- no way

There's a difference with the twins @Shaz51 . Mr Darcy is more than happy to eat extra veg, initially as he was clogged up as a med side effect and in more recent times healthier eating has seen him lose a bit of excess weight.  I am enjoying trying a few veg recipes which have gone down well.

mr shaz will eat raw carrots, apples , loves beans , mushed potatoes , aspargus @Former-Member , so I should serve more things he loves xx and he will eat salads

Mr Darcy is not a fussy eater so it was easy for me @Shaz51. In recent times I have tried some recipes from the free supermarket magazines. Mr Darcy was buoyed by early successes in the constipation department and then managing to lose a bit of weight.

ha ha I know it sounds strange @Former-Member , mr shaz will eat what I serve Smiley Very Happy

it is funny when someone serves somthing that I would make and he would say " he did not like that " ( makes me happy he likes mine better ):smileyvery-happy:

If he eats what you give him perhaps just start dishing up a few more salads @Shaz51. 😀

Had a healthy meal for tea tonight - a Mexican salad made with black beans, corn, capsicum, tomato, onion and coriander. Dressing had zest + juice lime, white wine vinegar, cumin, chili powder and olive oil. Put in optional avocado and fetta cheese.  For dessert we had watermelon.

Wow, that sounds delicious @Former-Member! 

How are you getting along with your diabetes and kidney diet @Shaz51 ? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us