Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Missing you too @Sans911 💜

💜 @Sans911 .....

Hi @Sans911👋

Lovely to see you in real time. 

Hi 👋 @Faith-and-Hope@outlander

Missing you too @Sans911 but hoping you are still having an adventure Hon. Another half day for me tomorrow at work - a bit flat today but starting to get into the planning more tonight - will fill you in how it goes tomorrow. Hugs and hugs Heart

Morning lil Sis @outlander. I'm relaxing at my my sister's home.

morning sis, im missing you but hoping your having a good time with family @Sans911

was the rest of your travelling ok?

@outlander

Yes, the rest of the travelling has been OK. I've gone through some beautiful areas of South Australia yesterday. It was an enjoyable, but long day. I got a bit irritated at the end of the day.

It's been nice to see my family, but I feel so disconnected from them. They're talking about things that I'm not interested in, and talking a lot about a particular person that they're connected to, forgetting that this same person sexually abused me for three years. So somehow I'm supposed to forgive and forget, and move on. And there's something wrong with me if I can't.

I don't know where I belong in this world. I don't belong with my biological family, I don't belong with my foster family and I have no in between belonging. I don't fit anywhere. And I find this incredibly hard to deal with. I can't wait to go home next week.

And still the weight piles on, to the point nothing fits any more. I can't stand being like this. It's totally unacceptable.

So I feel so guilty that I'm not totally enjoying time with my family, who are lovely people. I just feel more and more disconnected.

How are you sis

aww sis, so much happening all at once. im not surprised your feeling disconnected. One place that i know you definently belong to is here on Sane although i know it doesnt really the offline world as i get the same way. i would come be with you in a heartbeat if i could.

no, you dont have to just get over it nor is there anything wrong with you. its easy for them to say/think that because they arent the ones who went through it. Hugs and hugs

Hmmm in regards to weight gain, i was put onto something a while back to help counteract the side effects of the meds i was on. Its a common medication used for diabetes-more so type 2. i couldnt keep up with them though casue they were the size of horse tablets. perhaps your gp will prescibe you something like that along with a healthy diet and your exercise. You can see some weight management nurses for free as well, i have one in my area that i see to help keep myself on track esp since i have a really bad sweet tooth.

i finally finished my second last assignment. it included a 10 page thing on an illness along with the other 6 sections.
ill start the last one soon enough. its a speaking task so i need to practice my pronounciation and record it before submitting.

im abit all over the place but its weird and hard to explain,alot of which is that belonging and lonliness stuff too. Not all that sure whats setting it off but it just doesnt want to settle either so will have to keep working on that. @Sans911

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us