Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Yikes @Determined, hope you feel.better soon.

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

@Determined how is the belly today Bro?

Would not say fully recovered @Former-Member but safe enough to leave the house.

Paid the deposit on the mid life crisis purchase this afternoon. Delivery next week all going to plan. (I was hoping for this week but oh well) QRide licence course confirmed for this weekend 😁

@Former-Member, got a call this afternoon,

Bike arrives Friday morning 😁😁😁😁😁

Hope all is well at your end. Big day today here so off to bed for me. 

Excellent news @Determined.

@Determined, I've known people who've gotten a sidecar as a way of continuing to ride a bike after a leg injury, or as they've gotten older and less able to support the weight of the bike at traffic lights etc. Y'know... you lose that centre of balance by just a bit and over she goes! 😄 We had a "fully loaded with camping gear" GS850 topple over at a servo. It was so topheavy it took four people to get it upright. Our more recent one has been a flat twin, so it's got more weight down the bottom and thus better stability.

Re. garage storage, I hope you can reach agreement with your Darling. My Mum used to stress about Dad's special interest stuff in the shed, despite her having a similar stockpile in the house. She still stresses about how many of his magazines and comic books he has in his room at the aged care home, but he keeps them scrupulously neat and still has stoage space to spare, so since they help keep him happy, they are staying. (And yeah, she's got her own big stash of craft materials, books and magazines.... is odd how hard it can be to see yourself sometimes. Is that what the "specks and logs" thingy is about...?)

Hi @Determined

Trust the new machine is now insitu in your garage and that weekend course goes well.

@Former-Member bike was briefly in situ in my garage, now in situ at the driving school facility. driving school guy came by this afternoon and picked it up for me as it is better to do the course on the bike I will be riding. looking forward to the course 🙂 

7am start tomorrow, will have to leave home by 6.30. yawn, 

@Smc was the GS850 a BMW? nice bike. 

For that very reason I will be sticking with something light though 🙂 

Mine is a Honda 500x (limitation adventure bike) 

Had a look at the bike in the garage this morning @Former-Member @Smc

not sure it will fit where I was thinking anyway, Darling will be pleased 🙂

It seems to have grown between the yard where I bought it and arriving here lol,

I will have to have a look and play when it comes home Sunday afternoon. 

@Determined, the GS was a Suzuki.

Our current not-registered bike is a Russian imitation BMW ;). Made in the 1970s but effectively WW2 technology. We've modified it a little over the years. BMW Bing carburettors to replace the rather horrible slide carburettors it had, after market Harley tail light, lots of little things. (It takes Alfa Romeo points, for example.)

It's a fun ride, and tough as old nails. Rumour has it that "back in the U.S.S.R." you could buy a post hole digger attachment that was fitted onto the shaft drive. Ours is a solo, but they were often sold as outfits. We've got an under construction sidecar which may go onto it one day.

K750.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us