Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

thinking of you today @Determined  Heart

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Quick pop in before I try and get some sleep as I may be 'off the grid' for a bit.

Mum in law is not in a good way and not expected to be with us much longer. If she is still with us by morning I will be surprised. 

S1 is inconsolable. Darling is hanging on by a thread. She was avoiding S1 as she cant cope or help him. Dad inlaw is hanging on by a thread also. Everyone closest to me is falling apart and nothing I can do to help them except hold them.  I am so blessed to have my mum here propping me up. 

Thinking of you too @Determined 💕

@Determined 

Often a hug without words is the best course of action.eb1fa5a9557cf137428b24695c3de9d7--true-friends-best-friends.jpg

Lots of hugs and prayers from here @Determined .HeartHeart

@Determined  Thinking of you in this truly heart wrenching time - be gentle with yourself and keep breathing 

Mum in law passed away peacefully this afternoon. Feeling gutted.  She has been my rock through so much. I never knew how to tell her how much I appreciated that. (And in saying that I take nothing away from the amazing support my own mum has given me. They both have their own very special strengths). 

I really need to sleep so I can be rested to face tomorrow but sleep just won't come. Not looking forward to tomorrow. Leaning on the promise of the words to the song I shared on Christian chat thread at the moment. 

If I am not around I will be ok. We have good support around us. Will try to pop in where I can just to see some friendly faces. 

Thinking of all my special friends in your individual travels but dont have the strength to check in and comment on other threads. Thinking of you all though ❤

02C73242-F3EC-44DE-8F4B-4DE6B4C6EB59.jpeg

💜 @Determined ......

Thinking of you, and your darling, and wonderful kids.  So glad your MIL was a beautiful person who cherished you all ......

Hugs ❣️

Heaps of love to you and your family @Determined . Thanks for keeping the rest of us in mind too, but look after yourself first. HeartHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us