Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

@Determined   will see if you have any fingernails left by the weekend.

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Haha @Former-Member

Fingernails already gone 

Well things are starting to move really quickly here. Hope darling is going to be able to hold out over the next 2 months.

We have had our offer ojna house in town verbally accepted. Just need to get a signature for it to be official.

Settlement date proposed is 9 weeks away. Agent expects to sell our place in under 3 weeks. 

Darling was really starting to wind up when talking to the real estate lady. She was lovely. Has offered to find us some boxes and going to come over and give darling hints (and encouragement) on what to do to present the place and how easy is. I thought wow. That is some one who understands... 

Got family coming for the weekend to help out with the clean up. 

Am a little concerned with how darling is going to cope over coming weeks but have plenty of help and we are working on a step by step plan for her so she understands what is going on.. 

Trying to get her to not think too far ahead. 

Step 1 is getting the place ready for inspection. 

Off the starting blocks then Bro, really hope move is positive for you and your family @Determined

I can see it being positive @Former-Member once we are in and settled. .. Darling believes life will be easier there. I hope she is not disappointed.

It will definitely be easier for me because I am not keeping up with yard maintenance here. 

One big benefit for the boys is that it will be about a 5 minute walk or bike ride to a local park and playground. Something I can do with them after school when I am home or on a weekend. 

I'm in same boat with my wife and we're about to prepare to move again, for the sixth time in 5 years.

Hi @NRG nice to meet you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us