Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Casual Contributor

Helping my well child

Hi I’m new to this forum. I have two children, the eldest has depression and sees a psych and only Three days ago started antidepressants. So for many years we have battled her ups and downs. My other child is an over cater and over pleaser. Doing year 12. She’s suffered a lot and bottled it up. To add to the worries she bares her friend tried to harm herself just before Easter and is now in hospital. We’re talking but I’m scared for her, because she is burying everything because she is scared that if she brings it all to the surface she will stop coping with school. Anyone been through this or something similar and got any ideas.
Community Manager

Re: Helping my well child

Hi @Annie67

Welcome to the Forums.

It sounds like you have a good relationship with your children. Even though your daughter is burying things, it seems like she has told you about her fears of how this will impact her.

One resource that comes to mind, which you could pass on to your daughter is ReachOut which is aimed at young people. It might help her get a better understanding of what's going on with her friend and it also have an online forum like this where she can connect with others who are going through similar things.

There are a few members that have children around a similar age - Do any members have additional advice for Annie?