Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Time
Senior Contributor

Good news for my son

Hi everyone,

I finally have good news.  My son has been addmitted to hospital.  This was really hard for me to do but I knew it had to be done.  I contacted my sons doctor we had a long discussion and then he went with me to the mental health section.  A referral was written and the mental health team went to visit him.  I was there at the beginning of the assessment and then I left as I knew I would cry.  He was addmitted that afternoon.  He has since been detoxing in a safe place.  I am relieved and finding a little peace.  I have not had contact with him for 5days which that also has been hard as Ive been the rock or so to speak.  There is a rainbow out there you just have to be persistant when seeking help.  Keep knocking if the door is slammed keep knocking as I did.

Thank you all for listening to me I am grateful Time

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Good news for my son

Thanks for sharing your positive news @Time! Your persistence seems to have resulted in the most helpful outcome for your son right now Smiley Happy

That is fantastic news. He is getting the help he needs, and your mind is at peace knowing he is getting good care. 

Thanks for sharing your positive news @Time!, I have been thinking of you and your son for days HeartHeart

please let us know how it goes , and also try to get some self care in there for you my friend

Hello @Skeeta , @Jupiter

@Shaz51
Thank you my friend it has been a long hard road many years of him being unwell and being unkind to himself. Yes im very pleased for him and finally I have a little peace. x

@Time, what kind of things you enjoy doing xx

I like jigsaw puzzles but finding it hard to finish it

@Shaz51

I love my garden and my dogs they are my peace and my bit of relaxation and fun.  Yourself besides jigsaws ??

getting into my garden again @Time, being planting my succulents

I have no pets now but had lots through my life , pets are wonderful

@Shaz51
I have a vegie garden and flower garden have 5 or so acres. Plenty of space and ATM Sunshine sure is a beautiful day. Hope everyone is well and having some happiness today xx
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us