Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Check In Space

@Shaz51  son2 is just so mixed up in his head. I dont know where all of this is leading.  He is so sick in his mind....

that sounds rather difficult @greenpea i hope S2 and yourself can get some more answers, help and the support you both deserve xox

@outlander  yes his room is full of drawings of all sorts of guns ...his autism makes it really hard plus his schizophrenia ... he can get quite violent at times ..... I dont know where this is headed but fear it will be messy

@greenpea 💔

All the best tomorrow sweetheart

@Anastasia  thank you Anastasia I hope they listen and don't write him off in the too hard basket x

i hope it wont be messy @greenpea they need to see it for what it is and not dismiss your concerns. Im seeing so many people fall through the cracks because they dismiss it as 'normal' for that medical condition.
Take some of the drawings if you have to, showing them physical evidence and not leaving it to the imagination can be helpful sometimes too

@outlander  funny you have said bring his drawings because I have talked him into bringing a book of his full of his gun drawings and the entities which he believes he is one of.  He doesnt believe his family are human he believes we are dragon like creatures .....

I hope so too darling pea.

You and he deserve that @greenpea ❤️

these are the things they need to know and see @greenpea they need to see it through his eyes and not through what they think he should be seeing.
His perceptions are off but they are his perceptions to own so they need to work with him in what he needs. I cant really imagine what he would be thinking or feeling, if i seen dragons and these entities id imagine not knowing who to trust or where to turn to for help in his 'fantasy' type world his brain perceives to be living in

All the best for tomorrow @greenpea ❤

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us