Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Achievements!

Did my physio, but had weird over huffypuffy reaction to a couple minutes on cross trainer. I stuck it to 5 mins.  So glad this physio does not blindly push, was concerned and we took it easier.  Makes me concerned about it as a side effect of MH meds.

@Shaz51 @LostAngel  @outlander  @Judi9877  @Faith-and-Hope  @frog  @bipolarbunny  @Lee82  @Anastasia  @Appleblossom  @NatureLover  @jem80  @greenpea

Hi everyone,

"Daily Achievements" is not a thread that I have posted on before.

Here goes:-

Helped a friend set up the front of engine, front seal, harmonic balancer, relocate alternator and install new idler pulleys and belt. Project is to exchange an engine into a 4WD, for improved engine response & power, less weight, better overall driveability.

This is a good project for me because it is getting me out into things that I enjoy. I'm not a mechanic but have had a fair bit of experience with vehicles - mine, and those belonging to friends and relatives. The fellow with whom I am working, and I get along well, so I am getting a regular dose of positive companionship.

I had a full day yesterday with doctor and optician appointments. Did some additional shopping to make the 2 hour each way trip worthwhile.

My dog is in good form and very playful. That's good because I've been feeling a bit down with effect of cyclone bringing other issues to the front of mind.

Looking forward to a good day tomorrow.

Cheers

HenryX

hello everyone my achievements for today are one waking up, two asking for practical help,eating regular meals,and spending the afternoon washing some clothes and then went back to bed for a few hours sleep in the afternoon to just rest,put the heater on in my room and rested,now Im listening to music,having some quiet timeSmiley Happy

Hi @LostAngel @HenryX @Appleblossom @TideisTurning @Last-Lament @Shaz51 and everyone here. Well done on your achievements forumites! I'm so proud of each of you👍

Today my achievements were:

- I stayed awake all day and didn't have an afternoon snooze

- I completed a NAIDOC week beanie for a charity I knit for

- I knitted 1 out of 2 fingerless gloves for myself with the 2nd glove started

- I had a coffee

- I had a nice warm shower

Yesterdays achievements were quite limited for me which were:

- I had a lazy day in bed 

- I had a shower

- I took my meds 

- I spoke to my sister on the phone 

- I posted on the forums 

Enjoy each of your achievements forum friends, I matter how big or small. Just remember that living each day is a massive achievement!

Judi9877

@Judi9877  @LostAngel @HenryX @Appleblossom @TideisTurning  @Shaz51 ... all passing this way, especially @Last-Lament: getting through the day is a big achievement.

I got groceries and cleaned the bathroom floor and made brownies.

That's probably it for today. Awake from 3 and feel terrible Smiley Sad

awake since 5 @frog  went for walk although didnt want to, all okay now,nap soon 

Thats plenty @frog 

Heart

Mostly today I have had doona on my lap...In between doing music and being online. Organised pile of dishes and prepared for tonights meal.

Smiley Happy

My daily tasks or to-do lists used to be very long ( for about 50 years), until a young chikkie told me I should only plan to do one thing a day.  lol ... if only ...I were so lucky ...not letting people talk like that to me so easily any more.  She was looking tired last time I saw her ...learning about the life of a young mum.

I’ve done my usual Saturday runaround.

Now Im sitting down looking at my clean kitchen bench and being pleased with myself for throwing out so much stuff!

Better get onto the next chore as I plan to get into the shower at 5 to get ready to go out.

Hey @TAB ditto on the walk. Didn't feel like it but trying to be healthy. I am having bad sleep and waking too early, super anxious. One foot after the other eh, literally and figuratively.

Well walking helps @frog . Peaceful before sun comes up was on way back home when it came up this morning
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us