Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Sharing the wisdom within

Sounds like a good plan @eudemonism That is good self-care Smiley Happy

My little Toby is spread out next to me so I won't be going far for a little while - wouldn't want to move him lol

I will clean up the kitchen soon then settle in for a quiet night.

Yea @Zoe7 I'm feeling a little bit erratic, a little moody, a little bit on edge and a little bit explosive... I'm not sure what causes it... depot running low, I'm wound up from the events of the day, I'm trying to process and deal with this situation I'm in... it's always focused toward other people, because of how they've treated me...

Sounds good @Zoe7 sounds very relaxing... what did you have for tea?

That friend helping you out today should restore a little faith in people around you @eudemonism - it was a nice gesture. There have been times that little things like that have helped me - especially when I am not feeling good.

I had steak and steamed veggies tonight. I don't eat a lot of red meat because it often aggravates my IBS so steak was more of a treat tonight. ...better for me than chocolate covered donuts but maybe not as yummy lol What are you having?

I had porridge @Zoe7 I'm running a bit low on quick and healthy food (the good stuff) yea my friend has helped me out many many times. I care about him. But honesty have no idea about what he's dealing with each day. I try to help, support and encourage him. But it can seem all in vein.
Yea i think meds have definitely messed with my digestive system and metabolism... ever since i started taking them 12 years ago. It's not been the same.

Porridge is quick and filling too @eudemonism I often have it for dinner when I have had a bigger or later lunch.

I think we all have things we are dealing with and we all deal with them differently Eude. You seem like a very caring friend and I am sure your friend appreciates you being there for him.

@Zoe7 I'm trying to get that well balanced life happening. Happiness, health, wealth... unfortunately it all costs money...
Yea i might call him now actually..

It is really tough to have a MI and have to deal with the expense to get help too @eudemonism ...as if having a MI isn't enough hey! Finding that balance is important - I am still trying to find that too but I do know I am a lot closer than I was even 6 months ago. Going back to work will be a big test and I know I have to keep concentrate on time for myself as well as the time I spend on work. I have never really done that - my whole week revolved around work and left little for me to even relax - I was always on the go or planning/marking/doiong schoolwork.

How many years have you spent teaching? What subjects and grades do you teach?
I've cut a couple of potatoes up and I'm doing some chips... @Zoe7
My brother and his partner, dropped their car off out front on my place, they were with their friend, their going to an opening of a photography exehibition, at the beer garden down the road.
Plus I'm one step closer toward getting the service on my car done (everything is ready to go)
Where you at with your evening?

I had taught for 15 years before I got sick. I taught Primary school - grades 3-5 mainly and Art. I loved classroom teaching but Art I could happily teach every day.

@eudemonism I think I have pretty much settled in for the night now - will have my meds shortly and wait to get sleepy. How are you going?

Yea I've settled down for the evening @Zoe7 a little bit figity and restless but i should be right. A little tv and I'll be switching off.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us