Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Carers under 30...

It's not that I don't like them (as my more than ample figure would attest to) @outlander it is more that we don't eat sweets every day so having variety and new things for main meals is nice.

One of my self care goals is to try a new recipe preferably once a week but minimum once a fortnight.

If I do make a cake it is more often than not a basic choc cake recipe passed from Gran to Mum to me & my sister. Are you the baking queen in you family?

Oh thats good @Former-Member theres a website called recipies.com they have heaps that you might be interested in

I dont have any of those passed down recipies unfortunately. Wish i did though

Hmm i tend to only bake for immediate family ie my own household and mums
Too much pressure baking dor other people then it takes the fun out of it. Im looking at making a caremel slice. The last time i made it i couldnt get past the carmel for some reason lol
Former-Member
Not applicable

Haha @outlander touché there - I made some basic caramel sauce to go on a pavlova at Christmas. I put it in a nice bottle and used the left overs on popcorn. Can't remember where I got my nifty microwave popcorn cooker from (possibly big w) cooks 2 tblspns of popping corn in 90 seconds - a good serving.

Does Pop or the rest of the family put in special requests for sweets?
Former-Member
Not applicable

My popcorn cooker looks like this @outlander

unnamed (10).jpg

Hah it sounds so simple but one stuff up and rhe whole carmel is done for @Former-Member
When the pic comes up will take a look. We don't really eat pop corn much. More so at the cinemas.

Hmm not really. My sisters generally like when i make cupcakes and chocolate balls- like rum balls without the rum.
Former-Member
Not applicable

The first time I tried caramel it turned into a big glob and I added extra cream to salvage what I needed for recipe @outlander, this last time I watched it like a hawk and was really pleased with result.

Do you have a go at decorating your cup cakes - I don't.

Decorating is one of my favourite parts @Former-Member
Im not great at it but i do like playing around wirh the different piping bags and things.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@outlander another form of art ...

I can see pic now yeh i think you can get them from kmart and big w @Former-Member
Yes i guess its another form of art though i disnt think of it like that
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thinking of you especially today @outlander
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us