Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: need help with sleep

@outlander Hope you are in the land of the nod so to speak. Will talk later. xx

It sounds like you are describing me, and exactly what I have tried to get my sleep corrected.
I finally found the most amazing solution and have not looked back since Nov 2017 when I started with it.

Some people may be against the use of hemp,  but it has literally saved my life otherwise I was getting max 2 hours sleep a night.
Get Canna Calm, made by  Cannopathy.  Rub it under your feet (about a credit card size amount) for quick uptake, or on your wrists if you want a slower update... and magic.... the most amazing sleep! I am getting min 7 hours sleep a night now with no side effects at all  🙂

Just Google Cannopathy - they have an online store xxx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @outlander hopefully you managed some decent sleep. 

I totally understand the impact having someone else in your space has on the levels of anxiety, and having someone else in the house when trying to sleep, well for me, that means sleep is impossible.

I am fortunate enough to be able to manipulate my environment so it's my and my flatmate's space only. We're respectful of each other's wants and needs and very cautious as to who enters the space. Entry ways are arranged so their very rare visitors, or perhaps a night doctor's visit go into only 1 area. 

It sounds like you aren't able to do that there. If your pop's visitor comes on a regular basis, on the same night, perhaps you might be able to arrange something for yourself around that, for that one night. 

Are you concerned for something that might go awry while the visitor is present, like being ultra messy, or something breaking or intruding on your personal space (other than the noise they make)? 

Is it possible (or perhaps it would only inflame his behaviour) for you to write a note to your pop asking for more respect for the things you do around the place and in return that he be more considerate of his and his visitor's behaviour in light of that? Or something similar maybe - sort of clutching at straws a bit here trying to find a way to get some calm for you. 

Re the melatonin, did you take it for a few months, as it takes quite the while for it to kick in, and it's a long term management rather than a fast acting one? I'm told I'm fortunate to have had it begin to make a difference in the first month. 

Thinking of you and your situation. Heart

Thank you @greenpea @Former-Member @Teelee ( also welcome) i cant get many words out atm in the state im in mentally but wanted to say thank you and will respond more when i can 💕💕
Former-Member
Not applicable

@outlander I remembered another thing I do to help me with the anxiety/ mind won't stop stuff. 

I keep 2 note books, about A5 ish size by my bed, with a pencil of course. 

When I have those thoughts about, oh sh!t I have to remember to do that tomorrow etc, I jot it down, 'cos I know I'm either going to have to get up and do it, or trying to remember it will keep me from sleeping anyway. 

I also turn some of the 're experienicing' stuff that happens when I'm worrying, into a story and write it out, often I can then get back to sleep. 

I don't turn a light on, there's usually enough light to see well enough by to write - I am used to writing in semi dark now too, so I guess that helps. 

maybe adapting something like that might work for you too. It's a bit of a mixture of methods and maybe using some of them at different times will help. Heart

@outlander outlander sorry to hear that you are doing so badly ... are you off to the gp today?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Quick fly by to check in with you @outlander. Hope sleep found you last night and it was restful, at least for a time. 

Hope you have some pleasantness in your day today, you too @greenpeaSmiley Very Happy

@Former-Member you too SunShower 😄 xx

Hi @Teelee im not sure if youve been back on since your first post or not but again welcome.. i hope your finding the forums ok and if you need any help just give a shout and someone will help Heart

thank you for your suggestion ill take a look at it and go from there...

thank you for everything youve written @Former-Memberr theres lots of info there

my pop always seems to have visitors however they are mostly through the day. The person who came was his brother. We see him still wuite abit but he lives about 2 and abit hrs away so its nice to see him but not at 10 oclcock at night when im trying to settle for bed. Its the noise they create, less space and even though I am struggling (they dont understand it so need to wear the mask or cop the whats up your backside talk) im still expected to be around them all the time. I wasnt that time and I felt awful. I could feel the pressure from both my pop and him for me to be my happy self and to be really social. My pop is usually really good he does respect my space most of the time often gets abit annoying but I think its abit of boredom sometimes too- usually happens a day or so after hes had no visitors or he hasnt visited anyone. My uncle is abit weird and he talks and talks and half the time I havent got a clue what hes talking about but he 'looses' me a lot even though I try to keep up but he repeated the same thing over again in the same conversation or we could be talking about one thing and then all of a sudden will tlak about something else. My pops like that too so they get along well!

Yep I took melatoniin for 6 months with increased doses and no change.

I often journal before bed to get my thoughts out but didnt think of having a notebook for reminders. Im usually pretty organised but will put one there just in case and for use if I choose to thank you.

I got abit of sleep after taking sleepers- im not suppose to but had a few left and was super super desparate so managed 5 hrs sleep- most ive had in weeks.

Thank you for checking in Heart

how are you going?

Hello @greenpea thank you for checking in too, how are you Heart

Hi @outlander I hope I find you sleeping at present. I am doing well. Have a busy week ahead being topped off by seeing Dr G for the last time 😞 Dont worry I feel okay about it now .... and wont burst into tears I dont think ...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us