Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

NikNik
Senior Contributor

The difference between a Community Manager and Moderator

Hi everyone,

As most of you would have seen, we have a new Community Manager! If you haven't said hi to @Margot you can do so here

I thought I would take the opportunity to share the difference between Community Managers and Moderators.

As you know, SANE Forums are moderated 24/7. Moderators are the key people who make sure this happens. They are often behind the scenes reviewing posts, following up breaches of guidelines and keeping people safe. 

Community Managers ( @Lauz@Margot and I) work full time on the Forums mostly around community and member engagement. For example, we are responsible for Topic Tuesday and other special events. We are also the people you may hear from time to time via email if we need to follow up any concerns, such as technical issues or other forum related matters.

It's likely you may "see" Community Managers around the Forums more often than Mods, however, there is always a moderator on and are focused on reviewing posts for members safety.

Community Managers mostly work business hours, Monday to Friday. So if you email one of us, please allow 1-2 business days to respond. 

When will I see a Moderator post in the Forums?

- When the @Former-Member mention has been used a moderator will check the post and respond, particularly if it's about a member's safety.

- When there is tension or conflict between members a moderator may post to reduce the escalation and be in touch via email. 

- When there is a duty of care concern a moderator will post in the thread to let the member know they will follow up via email.

- When a new discussion hasn't had many responses a moderator will post to encourage others to get involved with the discussion.

When will I see a Community Managers post in the Forums?

- When there is an annoucement about the Forums a CM will provide an update 

- When there are technical issues a CM will post a solution or let you know the status

- When they start new discussions about relevant topics

- When they pop in and say hi in threads like 'Good Morning' and 'Hot Chocolate'

- During Topic Tuesdays

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them below 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us