Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

CheerBear
Community Elder

Forum app not searchable in Google Play

Hi @NikNik and/or tech people.

I can't find the SANE forums app on Google Play when I search for it there and haven't been able to for a little while now. To get the app I have to run a Google search in chrome which then takes me to the play store to download it. I can find the SANE bipolar app in the store though.

I wanted to mention it as I am not sure if it might be difficult for other android users to find also, and just in case new members have the same trouble.
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Forum app not searchable in Google Play

@CheerBear
I'm just grabbing my magnifying glass and detective hat - I will get back to you as soon as I know anything.

Re: Forum app not searchable in Google Play

Hi @CheerBear
I have done some digging and found out what's going on.
Basically, we are in the process of moving the forums to a 'responsive' platform.
We currently create the mobile, tablet and desktop versions manually (when I say 'we' I don't mean me... I mean the super smart people 🙂 ). Responsive just means that the forums will automatically recognise what device a member is using and this mitigates the need for a specifically made version of the mobile version (which is both the app & browser version - same thing).

In the long term, it will mean the app will be retired and there will be a plan in place to work with members to move them away from the app and into using a browser on their mobile to access the forums (& have a way better experience!)
Apologies for not communicating this sooner. Keep an eye out for updates about the app retirement in the future.

*Nik wonders if there's an app retirement village...*
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us